About the Lewiston Tour of Homes
Information you need to know:
- This is a self-guided tour. You may start at any home you wish.
- Dress for the weather. We hope for fair weather and sunny skies, but a warm scarf and gloves will surely make the day even finer. Remember to bring an umbrella in case of inclement weather.
- Wear sensible shoes that slip on and off easily as you will be required to remove your shoes in the homes. You can either walk in stocking feet or bring your slippers along. We will provide disposable bags for you to carry your shoes or boots in as you tour the homes but we encourage you to "go green" and bring a reusable tote from home.
- Photographs are prohibited.
- While many of Lewiston's events and festivals are child-friendly, this event is not suitable for young children.
- Get up close and personal with Lewiston's rich history by visiting the Lewiston Museum, located at 469 Plain Street. The museum will be open during the Tour of Homes between the hours of 11am and 5pm.
- Don't forget the Dessert Sampling and Cocktail Reception at the Barton Hill Hotel and Spa. It is included in your ticket price. The reception opens at 10am and closes promptly at 4pm. It is suggested that you make this stop in between visiting the homes.
- We share this weekend with the Lewiston Christmas Walk, so you will find our charming shops will have plenty of items to enjoy and warm drinks and sweets along the way.
- On the back of your ticket is a ballot for you to vote for your favorite overall holiday decor. Please drop it off at the last home you visit or at the Barton Hill Hotel. Filling out your name and contact information enters you in a drawing to win fabulous prizes!
- Please patronize our generous sponsors!
- Have a wonderful time and joyous holiday!
Dessert Sampling Reception
It is our pleasure to welcome you to enjoy a Poinsettia Cocktail, compliments of Hibbard's Portage Liquors and Wegmans. We also invite you to sample the sumptuous desserts compliments of Lewiston's sweetest merchants: DiCamillo Bakery and The Niagara Falls Culinary Institute. Please come and enjoy these in the Barton Hill Hotel main lobby, decked out in holiday finery, between 10am and 4pm. To avoid the rush, we recommend that you stop during the tour rather than waiting until the end as the reception closes promptly at 4pm.
Ride the Polar Express
Park your car and ride to the homes on the Polar Express but before you do, please read the following carefully:
The Trolley Service is a value added service for your convenience. Unfortunately, it cannot accommodate all of our ticket holders and there are some inconveniences that you should be aware of and accept before you board:
- You must board at Village Hall prior to seeing any of the homes.
- There will be waits. We hope to send Trolley's by every 15 minutes but there could be delays which means you may have to wait in inclement weather. If you don't mind this...we welcome you aboard!
- The drivers have a specific route to follow. They will not deviate from the planned stops, so trying to wave a trolley down will not help and it is not safe to do so.
- At each stop, everyone must exit the trolley. You cannot decide to skip going into a home and stay on the trolley.
These four trolleys will make a continuous circuit from Lewiston Village Hall (145 North 4th Street) to the featured homes. This complimentary trolley service begins at 10am and will end at 5pm each day.
Take the opportunity to rest, warm up and listen to wonderful Christmas music as you travel from home to home.
Holiday Gift Market Featuring Jewelry, Home Decor, Culinary Items & More!
This year's Holiday Gift Market will be returning to the Barton Hill Hotel in the Fairbanks Room, just steps from the Dessert & Poinsettia Cocktail Reception. Stop in any time between 10am and 4pm, Saturday and Sunday, where there will be over a dozen vendors offering everything from unique jewelry pieces to home accessories to delicious culinary items such as specialty olive oils, nuts and chocolate just to name a few. You will not want to miss this opportunity for some great holiday shopping!